Have you been charged with a crime against your spouse, partner, or the mother or father of your child/children? These charges, although considered “misdemeanors” if it is your first time, can carry punishment and consequences that can cost you your job, your gun rights, and will put a permanent taint on your record. Do not take a plea to any of these very serious charges without being represented by an attorney.
- Criminal Misdemeanors
- Driving While Under the Influence
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Misdemeanor Possession
- Minor in Possession (MIP)
THINGS TO KNOW
1. A charge can be family violence even if you have never lived with the person. If you have a child together, this can constitute a charge of family violence.
2. You do not have to CURRENTLY live with the person for you to be charged with family violence. If you have ever lived with a person, even if they were a roommate years ago, you can still be charged with family violence. You do not have to have had a romantic relationship with the person or have children together to be charged with family violence.
3. Being charged with a charge such a battery against the same person more than once can be a Felony!
4. You can be charged with cruelty to children even if the child was in another room and had nothing to do with the incident for which you were arrested.
5. If this is your first time, your attorney may be able to work your case so that the charge stays off your record or so that the charge may be reduced.
6. Even if it is not your first charge, there are other ways for your attorney to negotiate your case to keep you from having long-term consequences from the charge.
- Simple Assault
- Family Violence
- Cruelty to Children
If you have been charged with a misdemeanor charge of assault, or of battery, or of simple battery, or of cruelty to children, hire an experienced attorney to get you the best result. Attorney Alfred will fight for you so that your side of the story can be represented and will protect your rights. There are many things an experienced attorney can do for you in these types of cases and Attorney Alfred has 10 years of experience in the Marietta, Cobb, Fulton, DeKalb, Atlanta and the rest of Metro-Atlanta area dealing with the solicitors and District attorneys in these types of cases. Do not go at it alone!